Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 13 publishers and was only published because the 14th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Publicist for our New York office, who supports us in building our authors’ brands. Are you commercially aware with a knack for building hype around the latest titles? Do you love sharing stories? Are you interested in communicating with the latest up and coming genre authors, build their brands and provide essential media exposure? Then look no further!
- Executing all aspects of a publicity campaign, including managing author tours, optimizing digital exposure, identifying and organizing advertising opportunities, events, and other marketing vehicles
- Brainstorming creative and cost-effective ideas on how to best publicize titles
- Curating content and executing different content strategies for our newsletter outreach
- Growing and maintaining email lists for different content strategies
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with booktubers, influencers, press contacts, and seeking out new media outlets
- Ensuring all internal departments are kept up to date and aware of publicity activity
- Author care
- Proven Publicity experience – preferably in a publishing environment and/or experience in the book trade
- Strong experience with fiction and debut fiction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a deadline driven environment
- Social media savvy
- Established relationships with press contacts or influencers
- Good taste and gut-feeling about which books will fly
- An obsession with good stories