Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Marketing Trainee to join the team!
- Are an avid fiction reader
- Native English speaker
- Have proven communication skills
- Written a book or similar
- Have very strong attention to detail
- Recently obtained a degree in Business or Marketing
- Excellent organizational, time management and creative problem-solving skills
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and passionate about Marketing
- Are a highly motivated overachiever, self-starter and crazy about your own self-development, staying up to date with the latest digital marketing trends
- Develop strategies to grow our authors and readers communities
- Manage all our affiliate relationships with authors and readers
- Manage campaigns, timelines, and provide regular updates to key stakeholders and team members
- Track ongoing metrics concerning lead generation, email engagement, and campaign effectiveness
- Identify and contact new influencers to extend our portfolio and negotiate the conditions
- Support our Marketing Department in a vast amount of various tasks
Do you want to build the world’s fairest and most objective publishing house with us? If so, send your application with an updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date to firstname.lastname@example.org..