Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
We've invented an immersive reading app that is released episodically and includes various interactive elements including chat fiction, prose, audio, vibrations, polls, community involvement & more.
We’re seeking a Full-Time Script Writer to contribute to a fast-paced team of writers who are producing daily episode releases. This hybrid writer will combine their skills of scriptwriting and interactive storytelling.
The ideal applicant will be a TV fanatic and have experience creating storyboards, pitching creative stories, managing deadlines, and working in a serial format.
This position is full-time at our head office in Berlin for at least 6 months, with an opportunity to lead an LA based team next year.
- Are a storyteller who can develop ideas in a variety of formats
- Have worked in a collaborative group / writer’s room
- Have a creative and business mindset
- Have hands on writing experience in TV or film (work experience or university)
- Thrive in an open-floor brainstorm as well as in the execution of a laid out plan
- Have a knowledge & passion for TV series running over multiple seasons
- Are oriented towards cutting-edge technology and want to be ahead of the industry curve
- Hands-on attitude, fast-paced, reliable, and positive
- Have a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment audience and can cater your empathy depending on the demographics of that audience
- Communicate and collaborate with bestselling fiction authors & TV writers
- Strategize and write stories from conception through to final execution
- Work closely with sound designers and effect specialists to make a readers experience 100% immersive
- Create story arcs over multiple seasons
- Conceptualize scripts that define conversational interaction (text messaging etc.)
Do you want to join a talented writing team consisting of internationally bestselling authors, and Emmy & WGA award-winning TV writers?? If so, send your application with an updated Resume, Cover Letter, and sample script to firstname.lastname@example.org.