Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Head of Product who is ready to level-up the publishing industry and develop the best reading app in the world. As our Head of Product you will lead a team of backend, frontend and app developers, as well as a designer. You’ll be responsible for the product roadmap and it’s execution. From idea generation to launch of features, you’ll help the product development team wherever you can.
- Lead a team of backend, frontend and app developers, as well as a designer
- Direct the ideation, design, technical development, and launch of innovative product features
- Steer product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Define, measure and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Inkitt's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as the best in the industry
- You're an avid fiction reader
- 4+ years product management or product design experience
- 2+ years leading teams of 5+ members
- Fluent in SQL
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in coding mobile products
Do you want to build the world's best reading app? If so, send your application with an updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.