Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 13 publishers and was only published because the 14th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Business Development Intern to join the team.
- Are enrolled in business related studies or similar
- Have a hands-on personality
- Are a dedicated team player
- Have high-level networking skills
- Are mission driven and dedicated (we work Mon-Sun)
- Prefer books to TV (bookworm)
- Are fluent in English
- Are building the future of publishing
- Have developed an algorithm that can predict best sellers, making the dreams of thousands of aspiring authors come true
- Love data and numbers
- Are based in the center of the beautiful capital Berlin
- Do everything to make our users happy
Do you want to build the world's biggest and most objective data-driven publishing house with us?
Send us an application with your updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.