Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Authors Community Manager who is ready to shake the publishing industry. Building up a community of engaged writers is the main driving force behind your getting up in the morning. You understand the pain of self publishing and have an urge to make a positive impact in the publishing industry in the most creative ways. The success of others makes you genuinely happy andproud. You also have a strong marketing skill set and know how to position our authors in the spotlight.
- Native English speaker with lateral thinking skills and a growth mindset
- Has written at least one novel
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a marketing role
- Moving to Berlin, Germany
- Excited about building a community of writers
- Experienced in building Social Media Communities and Fanbases
- Mission driven and dedicated (we work Mon-Sat)
- Startup experience is a clear plus
- Organize and promote writing contests
- Social media and blog posts about writing topics
- Plan and lead campaigns to get high quality authors on board and keep them
- Build and manage a team of volunteer ambassadors
We are offering:
- Experience based salary
- Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership.
- An inspirational startup environment in our office in the heart of Berlin
- A dedicated team
- A unique opportunity take responsibility for and implement your own ideas in a fast growing, dynamic company
Do you want to build the world's biggest data driven publishing house with us?
Please send us an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch